Last night we got to bed early as we were waking the boys at 5:30 this morning. My apologies for not getting a post up.

Yesterday was a fun and relaxing day. The breakfast area at the hotel was very small so we had the boys come get their food and return to their rooms to eat. After a quick bite to eat we were on our way too Cajun Encounters for a swamp tour. We briefly stopped to pickup some bug spray at the recommendation of the hotel staff. We arrived and all the boys got a bracelet, which indicated the boat they would be on. We were divided into two groups. Once we boarded the boat we were zooming away down the river. Those boats can really cruise. Our tour guides gave us the history of the area, how the river is formed, the different vegetation we’d see and the impact of Katrina on the ecosystem. We learned a lot about swamps, deltas, and the bayous. Along the way, the tour guides stopped to “play” with the alligators.


After seeing much of the river vegetation and wildlife, it was off to the gift store. We then headed back to the hotel for a rest period. The boys were getting awfully tired and needed to catch up on some sleep. After rest period, we headed over to Cracker Barrel. Due to a late breakfast and the need to get in an early lunch, we arrived around 3:00 p.m. The service was great and so was the food.


With full bellies we were off to our concert at First Presbyterian Church in New Orleans. The audience was small but appreciative and the boys gave the best concert of tour. We were able to broadcast a portion of the concert on Facebook Live so check it out on our page.

we drove back to Slidell, where our hotel was, but stopped off for ice cream before heading to our rooms. It was a good day.

This morning, as I said earlier, we woke the boys at 5:30 so we could be on the road by 7:00.  We stopped at Beignets at Lait and then hit the road.  We were making good time, stopping for lunch north of Jackson, MS. We devoured our lunch and hit the road. We were on a time mission to get to the performance venue early. Well, that came to a sudden halt when one of our drive axle tires gave out. Charlie managed to get us to the next exit where there happened to be a repair shop. The first shop had only one tire and, due to tread and other tire related things, we tho9ught we’d need two. They made a call for us and we were off to shop number two. Upon arriving, the manager looked at the tires and determined one would work well. Within 35 minutes, they had the tire changed and we were back on the road.

Back on the road, we were a few hours from Memphis. We made good time. Stopped for dinner at Cici’s Pizza Buffet and then to the church. St  John’s  a beautiful church with great acoustics and the boys filled it with their beautiful singing.  The audience was very happy and asked some good questions. For this concert, as for the one last night, we didn’t have just homes so the feel after the concert is more steady and calm and not so rushed. Tonight we listened to smooth jazz while we journeyed to our hotel.

Grant and Tristan are gathering the Choirboys’ gray concert pants and washing them this evening. Tomorrow, we don’t have such a loner drive so the morning will be a little calmer.

Here’s the latest installment of the Jake and Braeden vlog.


To be continued. . .





0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *